The Platon membrane is extruded and vacuum formed from high density polyethylene (HDPE) a tough, durable, non-toxic material. The membrane is remarkably impermeable to water and water vapour and impervious to acids and other agents.
The dimpled design creates an air-gap between the damp soil and the foundation wall keeping moisture from ever touching the wall on its way to the footing drains. Unlike a coating, the membrane’s design allows it to permanently bridge large cracks, tie holes and honeycombed or damaged sections of concrete.
Platon Foundation Drainage keeps wet soil away from the foundation wall. Any moisture that may find its way past the membrane is carried to the foundation drain by the air gap drainage path. Platon Foundation Protector is commonly used to waterproof block walls, poured concrete walls, permanent wood, existing foundations and Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF).
The airspace also has the unique effect of allowing moisture from the concrete curing process to escape to the outside of the wall rather than to the interior of the foundation.
- Acts as an air-gap and capillary breaking waterproofing and drainage membrane
- Keeps soil moisture from touching the wall, condenses and drains construction moisture to the footing drains
- Is a safe, non-toxic product that does not require any protective respiratory or handling devices during installation
- Bridges cracks and ignores damage points of foundation walls
- Forms an independent skin around the basement
- Is environmentally friendly – recyclable
- 30-year product warranty on foundations